Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

14 July, 2012

Jammin' Along...

Oh man, so I know it's been a while since I've posted, however, I have been busy, going here and there, a little bit of everywhere haha...

So a few weeks ago, my mom made her "famous" jams, only this year she limited herself to two flavors, I think the two best flavors everyone raves about: Strawberry and Apricot. So I thought I'd just show off how she slaves away at all this, because it does take several days to do, she makes a LOT!!



 This is the first "stage", after all the jars and accessories have been cleaned are drying, ready to be used.  Mom is very meticulous about how she wants things done, and it's great to have it all come together so nicely when your organized :)


  


Here, is where the *magic* happens...
This batch is going to be strawberry, and in the pictures, you can see all the sugar that's going to be used...My, that's a lot of sugar haha
The big blue pot is for sealing the jars after the jam's been put inside, and then she takes it out for cooling...



And here is the 3rd and last stage where they are sitting and cooling, and every time we hear a *POP* we know that another has set, and will work out for giving away as a gift for the holidays :)
My mom does this every year, and I just love it, the whole house smells like strawberries, or what ever kind she happens to be making at that time, and man, its so awesome :)
I told her she's in the wrong business hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **