Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

28 March, 2012

Freedom

I have been away from my blog for a good while now, and much to my chagrin, I see it has been far too long.
Yet, I have many things to post about, and will get to those in due time.
however, tonight, as its about 10 p.m. already and I have to be up at 5 a.m. to start my day tomorrow, this post is rather somber, and thoughtful.
With the passing of Aunt Trula, a most beautiful and lovely Christian woman yesterday morning, I began to think, and have to cease...about those that God has called home, because their mansions are ready.
aunt Trula was my dear friend David's grandmother, but also his whole world. She raised him, and though she had many in the family around her when she went home, I think that David had a different connection with her.
And so it seems like a wave of sadness for the loss that is here, what about the joy that is there, for her finally getting to hear the words that she has pined for her entire life..."Well done, my good and faithful servant..."
That is, isn't it, why we as Christians, "run the race that is set before us?" That we travel the road less traveled, and we pick up our cross whatever it may be, and follow Him?
She had the front porch light on, in the days before she went home, so that her beloved husband could find his way to come for her and take her to heaven.  What a precious moment, and a precious thought.

It can be so hard for us to continue running that race, when things don't go our way, life gets frustrating and it seems like we have exhausted all our options...but then Jesus swoops in, and says "here, take my yoke...it is so much easier to carry, you won't believe it."  And we don't.  We argue, we complain, we grab tighter than life itself to old hurts, habits and hang ups.
And for what?  For extra punishment?  Sometimes, I think so.
I found a song, and it is kind of like my own personal mission statement.  I encourage you to listen to it sometime, you tube it :)
But there is power in these words, power that can only come from once source.


Run Kid Run - FreedomFrom the album Love At The Core
All my chains I can't disengage
and I don't believe that I want to
One hand sings your praise the other brings me shame
I have selfishness to blame

Chorus:
And I'm singing for freedom
I know I'm not the only one
praying to the one
who can bring me this freedom
I'm ready for change

Broken down I lay
I keep holding my chains
No longer bound but here I stay
I scream Father please
I need rescuing I need You and You alone

Chorus:

Still You patiently await
yet I won't just let go
I see You and You alone
saying come follow me despair has come so you can see
release

And so I'm singing for freedom
and so I'm singing for freedom
The time has come separation lost the war to love
Take my hand grace has found you where you once began
Your alive your alive in the waking of new life
Take my hand in the end there's only love
There's only love

There's only singing for freedom
I know I'm not the only one
praying to the one
who can bring me this freedom
and I'm ready for I'm ready for
Father please I need rescuing
I need You and You alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **