Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

19 July, 2010

Feelin' Kinda Patchy


I just love quilts...as a matter of fact, I still have my baby quilts. There are 2 of them. One my auntie Babe made, I've been told anyways. She passed away around the time i was actually born, so i never got to meet her, but my mom and Grandma told me she would have just adored me. :)The other one, my Aunt Diane made for me when I was around a year old or so. It's beautiful and pink with pretty colors.


I just love patchwork quilts...and it just so happens that I really love to sew by hand, but haven't done it for years. I have to say that is noe thing I think i would really enjoy doing...making a quilt all by hand. Perhaps someday I will have the time to learn.

I just love the colors, and the different designs, and how they can just mimic our hearts...most of us, as we go along in life, we get patchwork hearts...but they are just as beautiful if not more, than anything else...so I just wanted to share some beautiful work here...


~This is called the Mariner's Compass... its so shiny!!









~ This is huge...but it blows me away, a few women made this isn't it gorgeous???


Can you guess what this picture is of?


~Return To Zion is the name of this quilt What an awesome image...















This one is so vibrant...I just love the colors...a colorburst....

~This is called Birth of a Star

It sure looks like one doesn't it? Like something you might see from space...


















I love Humming Birds...I love everything about them, their colors, the sound their wings make...and the size of this quilt just amazes me...this takes so much talent...bravo!!!!














~This is called Grandma's Patches.
This one just has so many patches, and they are sooo pretty; this one really reminds me of a patchwork heart...maybe my own heart...different patches for different pieces of my life, and how they all come together to make something beautiful and complete...






~This one doesn't have a name, but I love the colors. So pretty and vibrant...I just can't believe how much time and effort it takes to create something as gorgeous as this...





~This is called the Reunion Star.
This is just really pretty!!






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collection of quilts. Love mine that Jackie T. made me.

    The boys are coming up today....so must make this quick. The busy life of a grandma.

    Hugs and Kisses....

    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all of these Dani but I'll tell ya, that Hummingbird one didn't even look like a quilt. It looked more like a painting! Just awesome.
    I also loved the Birth of a Star one. I've made one denim quilt for my daughter. It came out pretty good for my first time. I think you should go for it! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **