Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

20 March, 2011

Silly Storms...and The Solid Rock

Ok, so I just feel the desire to post again!!  (Who knows when I'll be able to again, right? haha)

I was just thumbing through my bible, and I will admit...yes, it's been a while. Longer than it should.

And I came across this old bulletin, in which there are songs that we sang, and it is from October 23, 2005.
It's called The Solid Rock, and it's an old hymn, but those are some of my absolute favorites.

The Solid Rock
" My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When He shall come with trumpets sound, O may I then, in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand."

As I'm typing this, I'm singing along, for I know the tune so well, as I grew as a baby up through adulthood listening to my momma play this song in church, on the piano, in a glorious song.
But the words of this song are what grab at me today...pulling me closer to Him as I sometimes want to draw further away, my humanity wanting to take hold.

But I CHOOSE not to forget...that I am a new creation IN Him.
In my NIV Worship Bible there are little prayers written for specific verses on the sides of the page, and this one I love. It's in regards to 2 Corinthians 6:16

" O Lord, How quickly the unholy cravings return when I take my eyes off of You.  A glance here, a step there, and soon, I am waltzing with the world once again.  'Who will rescue me from this body?' 
Draw me to Yourself, Lord, when I do not want to be drawn.  Hold me close Lord, when I resist Your embrace.  Remind me that You are here in power, and reawaken my desire for holiness.  Possess me, Lord, and make of me a temple of worship."


And now, as I think on other things, people (Christians included) who live with different types of hurts and pain;
Who "my God" really is...the one that I serve...how is He portrayed?
This other little prayer made me think on how I want others to see Him through me...
It is in regards to 2 Corinthians 5:18-21

"Lord Jesus Christ, Mender of the broken, Healer of the wounded, Restorer of the withered, here, among the tissues, limbs and organs of Your body is the need for Your powerful touch.  For You are Love's ligature; binding flesh to wounded flesh, mending muscle split by sin's swift blade.  
O, Perfect, Pure and Righteous One-Your sacrifice for us has won this prize.  May we wear healing's holy scars as medals of honor for the world to see~emblems of Your victory."


Those two things just really grabbed me, and moved me this afternoon, so I wanted to share.  I'm still breaking out of my shell a bit :)






2 comments:

  1. Love that hymn Dani ~~ What a great post...very touching and inspirational. It's only 7:30, but I had the boys this weekend and I'm about ready for bed...Sweet Dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite hymns Dani. We sing that one fairly often. You are making me feel very inspired today!! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **