Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

18 September, 2011

A Heart like Mine?


The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.You will not reject a broken and repentant HEART, O God.

Psalm 51:17

Today Pastor Dave talked in Ephesians, about our hearts.  We are doing a series, reading through the book of Ephesians right now.

some things he said really struck me, as I sat there, in a sea of people, I wondered how many of them are actually obedient to God in their every day life?

That I have the ability to have a one-on-one true relationship with the God who created everything, including me, muscle by muscle, fiber by fiber, sinew by sinew, simply astounds me sometimes.
And I don't know why!

I KNOW who He is, what He is about, and yet, there are moments when all else falls away, and I simply stand in awe of Him.

He wants my heart, just as it is, doesn't require me to do better, change drastically, or pretend to be something I am not when I come to Him.

Pastor Dave said that obedience to God is us, relinquishing our control...giving up all that we are, not just some, but everything...so that God can take the driver's seat....

He loves me, just the way I am.
But He loves me to much to leave me that way.

The old hymn is in my head tonight, O What A Friend We Have In Jesus....thank God for that!

O my people, trust in him at all times.  Pour out your HEART to him,for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **