Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

04 September, 2011

Children's Hospital...Quite an event!

So, our trip to Children's hospital was more or less "uneventful" in my eyes as a mommy.
Essentially, I learned very little more in terms of what is wrong with my sweet son, where it's coming from, or even how to fix it.  The fact that I have no choice BUT to sit back and watch as my son endures these seizure-mimicking episodes constantly every day is killing me.  But, for now, they say there is nothing that can really be done.
So, our journey was short, a 24-hr. EEG, but I did take some pictures, because he just looks so darn cute in his little "hat".


This is our hospital room.  We had a "lay bed" which is basically two mats on the floor so that we can sleep together and I can be close if he needs me, with blue 'bumpers' all around us so that the kiddos cannot escape easily.



This was our waiting room, we were here for several hours because they didn't have a regular room ready for us yet.  So after the electrodes were put on and he had his hat finished, equipped with Thomas and Percy stickers galore, we sat down and began the test and watched Thomas. We all decided that his "hat" was the same as Sir Toppem's hat on Thomas, so he felt even more special!
The first of way more than several times in a 24 hour period. haha.  My little conductor!



This was right after they got him all finished up, and began the test.  He was hooked up to a lot of machines this boy.   I tell you what...us and hospital visits...Geesh!


Me and him this was taken about 11:30 p.m. cuz neither one of us could sleep.  The lights were on all night, and he got a second wind. Poor lil guy!
He was so brave, he did so great he hardly ever remembered he had the stuff on his head!
I was so surprised, but he is just a wonderful kiddo, and I'm so stinkin' lucky to have him as my son.
My brave lil conductor, I love you!

And as an additional note*The people that work at Children's hospitals, are just so special, they are so wonderful to the kiddos there, thank you for being so wonderful!*

3 comments:

  1. I can't see the pictures Dani ~~ I'll try again later....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures just won't come up....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani,
    The pictures haven't popped up yet. What did I miss while I was gone? I hope your sweet little Levi is doing better by now.
    My oldest daughter Ginny, now 30, had spinal meningitis when she was a year old. It was very scary. I slept in a huge crib with her and said many prayers. It was touch and go for awhile but it all worked out and she is a beautiful woman now. I will keep you and Levi in my prayers. He is in good hands. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **