Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

02 June, 2010

A Handful of Precious Memories

I have been thinking so much lately about how time just seems to fly by, as life continues to flow on and on...and I was looking at some of my first pictures I took of my son. I love photography, and havn't taken many pictures of much since I had him, he sure keeps me busy!
But after he was first born, I took so many, and I love B&W, so I thought I would share some various pictures of my precious Levi.

My "Lovin' Spoonful" as he is well known in my close circle of friends.

I have just been reminiscing in these...just a little handful of my own precious memories...feel free to share with me some of your own, any kind.








This was the day I brought him home from the hospital, I could never get enough of him wrapping his little hand around my one finger...it just amazed me, how tiny he was (but let me tell you...he was NOT that tiny, at 8.5 lbs, and 19 in. long! and he was 2 and 1/2 weeks early...lol!) No matter how big his hands get, he will more than likely always be wrapped around my finger...a sweet thought for me, standing a little under 5'7, and knowing my son will tower over me in not very many years...that's kinda scary!






It's so nice to be able to nap every few hours...this is also the first week I brought him home...not even 7 days old yet...I took a little cat nap as soon as I snapped off this shot, we were up alot that night...wheww.







This is one of my favorites...I just pretend he's already blowing me kisses...this was taken at around 2 weeks old...He was readmitted to the hospital due to his Jaundice numbers being so high...it was a rough time for me even to get him in to the hospital., lots of blood work, paperwork getting lost, shuffling back and forth to diferent offices in different towns, at 9 p.m. yeah, that was NOT fun...once they got his numers, they took him in immediately. His numbers were in the high twenties, reaching 28 at the peak...he wouldn't even eat...sweet boy...he was there about a week. He had come home for three days after birth, then was readmitted, because he was so very very sick. I stayed with him in his room in the NICU, 24/7...and going through post-partum in a little room like that is not much fun lol...But he eventually bounced back, decided it was time to hatch out of his incubator, and come home with momma! This is our "Welcome Home Kiss".






This is one of my favorites...just out for a quick snooze...and he still to this day sleeps the same way...but he is starting to snore every now and then, and you can't help but laugh! I have recently walked in to check on him several times and heard him talking in his sleep...he is learning Spanish as well as English, and I've heard him say "mas, mas, mas" (more, more, more) as if he's dreaming...of food more than likely!



A few months, bout 2 1/2, and he has his first two teeth...I am sooo very blessed, he is more often than not a happy baby boy, just like this, all smiles, nearly all the time...I did say nearly, yes?
He IS in those "terrrible two's"...but 98% of the time, my sweet child is laughing, playing and giggling. What I love about babies and children, they hold absolutely nothing back...and when they laugh, it is with all their body, and all their heart...it's so awesome. Most adults don't laugh that way...



This little guy never can get enough...he loves to eat, and he is such a crack-up! I had to dance around, clap my hands, and make myself look adorably rediculous just for him to look up at me like that!

Oh~ the things we do to get smiles out of our children...



2 comments:

  1. He is so sweet Dani. You seem to be enjoying the blogging!
    My Katie was jaundiced as well however didn't have to be hospitalized. I was told to take her clothes off and lay her in the sun everyday as much as possible. I remember thinking that they made her sound like a plant!
    Your little Levi is beautiful.
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani ~~

    Oh my, I remember back then. Has he ever grown. Love your new wallpaper and Blog Look....Isn't it fun!!!! I told you blogging was a blast!!!

    So glad you are having so much fun....

    ReplyDelete

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **