Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

21 June, 2010

A realidade da beleza é que é o olho do beholder... que como sei se sou bonita?

Grace

~Phil Wickham

The sky is grey and the light is far
The sea is a rage within my heart
I turn my sight to the crashing waves
I cry in the night just to be saved
I need eyes to be my guide

I need a voice that's louder than mine
I need hope I need You
Cause I can't do this alone
Grace I call Your name
Oh won't Your smile fall over me
I'm cracked and dry on hands and knees

Oh sweet grace rain down on me
I need You grace
I pray for dawn a new day to live
I pray for mercy only Jesus gives
Though darkness falls and a million cry
I believe over all there's a greater light shining for us

Come down and save me


This song is my "soul~song". This is the one song, that I can honestly say, I put every shred of "me" into when I sing it. I personally don't really care for how Phil Wickham sings it, but the way they sing it in our College group (where I first heard it) is absolutely beautiful.
For the month of June, we are having our group outside, under the trees, we bbq, and have an awesome time. So when I sing this song, my bare feet are in the grass, I can feel the wind (if we are lucky enough to get some) and I am in true praise in those moments.

I am very much in tune with music and words, and there are cretain songs that describe me, there are songs that touch me, and there are songs that move me. This song, along with a select other few, do all three to me. We sing this song with a few guitars, a piano and a cello. It's so simple, but it's so beautiful...

So how do I relate songs and music to me? I can only say that it's in my blood...I feel the music...and I feel words, too.

On that note, I will say that I turned in my story to the magazine I was writing to, for a contest...I am very nerve-wracked about it, even now that I have already sent it in. They will be choosing 15 winners, and notifying them by mid-August.
That's a long time to wait and wonder...but, it's teaching me things even now, re-reading my story. Initially, I had written almost all of it when I went to L.A. in May; but...I changed it, literally only a few days ago...to a whole different topic...and considered putting parts, or maybe even all of it on here, in installments, but even that just scares me...
I'm not used to people reading my work; especially if it's a story about me personally...but one thing I'm learning now is to walk on a little more faith...and so I am...

So maybe this will work out for me, and maybe not, but one of my dreams and hopes is that some day my words would be public, that is one thing on my bucket list...so I must find a way to get my writing going again...

3 comments:

  1. I do hope that your dream comes true.
    Walking by faith is THE best way...and I hope that your Bucket List can will one more check mark beside it in mid August.
    Best wishes to you.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience, singing with friends, enjoying the moment. Those are the best.
    You write very well Danie. I'm sure others will enjoy your writing as well! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do hope you get selected!! What a wonderful thing that would be...such a boost for you! I have a feeling good things are in store for you!! Love, Janine XO

    ReplyDelete

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **