Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

03 June, 2010

A Sweet Retreat

It does not seem like it has been a week already since it was the last night that I spent down in L.A. before heading back to my "real life".



I had the absolute pleasure of spending four days days down there with Wanda and Don, and getting to spend one of those days with their daughter Julie and her boys, all of whom it has been AGES since I've seen.



It was really the perfect vacation for me, and just what the doctor ordered before school starts again next week.



When I found out that I had enough time this month to be able to get away for a few days, Wanda was my first decision. I mean really, not even Mrs. Fields' can beat Wanda's cookies! As soon as I got down there, I instantly felt like I was home, with family, and I was.
I truly needed a break...I think it's pretty funny how life never EVER takes us where we plan it to when we are young, or even as we get older; as they say, Life is what happens while you are busy making plans. And it is so true. I usually stay with my cousin and over in Santa Cruz, Ca to get myself all "put back together again" but she's away for a while in Mexico, so I immediately thought of visiting Don and Wanda.

And they were so happy to have me, and you bet...I crashed on the most comfy couch I know of!



So I learned along time ago that my years of doing whatI wanted, when I wanted were pretty much on the backburner, to say the least...actually I think it first hit me when took all three pregnancy tests one right after the other, and all I could do was stare at them all lined up in a row knowing my life was going to be different,forever, and all I could do was laugh! I was excited, and terrified...not knowing what lied ahead at that point...and by the time I got to hold Levi in my arms for the first time, I knew there was nothing else that could ever trump that moment. Not a single thing. And so in the brief times that I get tim to myself, usually at a women's retreat or in to Santa Cruz, I take ABSOLUTE joy in it and treasure that time to myself, cuz I com back to my family refreshed, and ready to take life on!

So when I decided to go back to college after a while, I knew it would be tough. But I never realized what it would do to me. I knew I had to, and with the economy, it was really hard to find a GOOD job without a degree.

So Right before Levi turned 1, I signed up for the Spring semester at good ole MJC...I chose to major in Agricutural Business, since I have grown up around it my whole life...

So basically my life now consists of my hilarious crack-up of a son, and school~full time all year round so that I can hopefully finish sooner rather than later...So I basically do Fall, Spring and Summer semesters back to back, with one break. The month of May itself.


So that is why I needed such a break...this past Spring was especially trying on me, the hours were rediculous, the classes I took were exceedingly difficult, upper-division courses, with heavy projects...but I was SUPER proud to have done so well in all my classes!!


So Wanda's "Bed and Breakfast" was the perfect retreat for me to get away, collect my sanity, and prepare me for the coming months...and now I'm contemplating changing my major...but we will see what happens with that...if I do that, it will more than likely affect my transfer date to university...yikes!!

2 comments:

  1. You know Dani, when we moved into this little cottage, I went from room to room just like I did in Hughson so many years ago, and ask the Lord to make our home a place of ministry, comfort, love and a safe place for friends and family.

    I'm so glad, my prayers have been answered, and you felt all that here. It was a pleasure having you.

    Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just from reading Wanda's posts I can tell that she is a super Lady! And it sounds as though that break was much deserved! But I will tell you that becoming a grandmother for the first time is right up there with becoming a mom for the first time! But with Levi being the age he is, I'm quite sure your not thinking of that yet!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **