Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

10 August, 2011

Nature In The Big City

Oh wow...So, it's been a few weeks since my visit to L.A., however, I have pictures!Not many haha, but I do have some, mainly from Descanso Gardens...and I just had to share.

But it's so crazy-the pics don't give it any justice, it was so beautiful.

I really needed this trip, and it did me a W-O-R-L-D of good...I had some time to just visit with, sit with, pray with, and love on my hosts :)

I also got some much needed rest, made some new friends, had some much needed time to think...it was refreshing.  And I got a chance to visit with some friends that I consider family, and celebrated a birthday, had some wonderful fellowship time with them, and just had sooooo much fun!

















This is the entrance, but looking from the exit lol.  Just very pretty!






















The Butterfly Gardens
This is an area they have created especially to attract butterflies of all types, by planting shrubs, trees and flowers that they love.  This is one of my favorite areas.

This is a "small" train that takes visitors all through out this  several hundred acre+ scape of lakes, flower gardens, tree gardens, olive groves, "concerta" parks- little grassy areas where they hold amazing concerts in the summertime, ponds, and so very much more. 



 This is in the beginning of what I think is called the Camellia Garden, which if my Dutch grandma would have ever seen, would have instantly fell in love with.  It is gorgeous; and they give a description of the Camellia Festival, and the Festival Queen, from years back, and all the history surrounding it.






 And these last three, are of my most gracious hosts for my stay!

Wanda, Don, and of course, Molly!
                                                                      Oh Miss Molly!







2 comments:

  1. Wow, Dani, your pictures of the Gardens are so professional!!!! Wonderful!!!!

    I had to chuckle at the last three pictures...especiall Miss Molly!

    I just checked out Holly's blog..Wow she's a talented writer isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Molly is sooo cute! So glad that you had a great time Dani. What a gorgeous place. Looks like one could sit there for hours. Very relaxing.
    Oh and your photos were very nice!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **