Dream Lilly

Dream Lilly
~Lilies Noir~

26 August, 2011

A vision of beauty...Finally!

Wow...so this has most definitely been a long time coming, but I finally got all of my pictures onto my computer, and I am soooo excited to show them off, I, my whole time growing up, after age 11 never had a back yard, or a garage, and this year, we put BOTH in.....

The first set of pictures are the beginning stages, and the last are well, the nearly finished product!





 This is a sign I got my mom for Christmas this past year, because I knew she'd love to use it in her back yard, and she DOES!!!
 This sign I bought a year ago, last May, during my trip to L.A., I couldn't pass it up, I knew my mom would love it, and she did, she just could hardly wait to put it up :)  And she proudly shows off both signs :)
*According to her, I'm a wonderful daughter heehee ;) *

                       A walkway leading to the back of the yard, which leads directly into our orchards.



The metal bars leaning up against the fence are what is left of our beautiful canopy that we lost this spring in a severe wind storm we had in April.  My dad and I were out with the sand blowing so hard we could hardly see, and took what was left apart so it wouldn't break any windows it was up against. :(  It was sooo nice!



This is one of my very favorite pics ever.  My beautiful mom and her dear friend Ann, enjoying some of my mom's spoils from her giant sunflowers a few days ago, they are huge, right?!?!?!  My mom has for sure got the "Green Thumb"...

              Our sissy, the pride and joy of our WHOLE family, especially Levi!  Izabella...Izzy!!!



 My mom put the vast majority of our backyard in all by herself...I cannot sday enough, how proud I am of her, she is so determined, stubborn, and with that green thumb of hers, un-stopable!  She can turn anything dead or dying into something beautiful and luscious.   She built our little "Lounge Area" equipped with a fire pit, bench, and small table to sit at, it's so nice in the morning when the breeze hits you!...Or late at night, about midnight with a fire going!





Now, what amazes me the most is how my mom built the brick area, all by herself, she took each and every brick from my grandma & grandpa's next door, and chiseled the concrete off each one, and once done, she put them all together, and built this area, she did such a wonderful job! Not bad at all for a first timer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

** I love comments, feel free to leave me some here **